Monday, October 6, 2008

Guard Your Heart!

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do." Proverbs 4:23

Thought about guarding your heart lately? I know I don't think about it nearly as often as I should. Maybe we should as the Lord for a "spiritual filter" to sift out what is allowed to enter our hearts. Wait a minute--we already have one of those don't we? Isn't He called the Holy Spirit?

Let's make it a daily discipline to ask the Holy Spirit to filter what goes into and comes out of our hearts.

"Lord, please forgive us for not being more conscious and sensitive to the things that are flowing into and out of our hearts. Give us hearts that have a passion for the things that please you and hearts that break when your heart is broken" --Amen

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Amen!! I have been keeping focused on my new eating plan and I really believe it is the Lord who has given me the grace to do this because I know on my own I could do nothing (especially this). So I give Him my appetite and food plan and PRAY for everything else. I am praying for you too. And with that I take my cup to the Lord to be filled by Him so that I can be a blessing to others. Unforgetable ~ Women's Retreat and the things I have learned there. God Bless You!