Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Way That I Take

"He knows the way that I take. And when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10

I like the "gold" part, don't you. If there's a line for that--sign me up! I wish it were that easy, don't you? Job spoke these words not in the middle of some mountaintop experience with God or on cloud nine in his personal life. He was in the depths of despair. Everything had totally fallen apart. He had lost everything and he couldn't for the life of him figure out why!

This declaration was made in response to his "so called" friend Eliphaz's attempt at analyzing Job's walk with God and pointing out his shortcomings to explain the devastating situation. Some friend, huh? I prefer the kind that just listen and cry along with me when I need them to. No finger pointing. Just an arm around my weak shoulders. Don't get me wrong. We all need christian friends who love us enough to confront us with the truth when we need to hear it. But the best kind of friends are sensitive to the Holy Spirit and know when to speak and when to pray and cry.

My very best friend knows"..the way that I take." And I know I can trust Him with the gold part, too.

No comments: